September 28-30, 2022 | Pittsburgh, PA
About the Event:
The Global Manufacturing and Industrialization Summit (GMIS) is the world’s first cross-industrial and cross functional platform that offers a voice and venue for leaders to transform manufacturing and utilize technology as a tool for global cooperation and collaboration to encourage greater investment in capabilities, foster innovation and drive global skills development.
Co-chaired by the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) and the United Arab Emirates, GMIS unites influential delegates from the global manufacturing and technology communities, including leaders from governments, expert industry CEOs and specialist researchers and academics to discuss, debate and shape the future of the manufacturing sector and place manufacturing at the heart of economic regeneration and government policymaking.
GMIS brings together high level government officials, policy makers and corporate leaders for discussions on the future of manufacturing, economic regeneration, and workforce development.
For the first time, GMIS will be hosted in the U.S. and will serve as the inaugural launch of GMIS America, a yearly U.S. based version of GMIS. GMIS America’s theme will focus on sustainable manufacturing and the digitization of industry as part of the “twin transitions.” The summit will explore several sub-themes that inform the dialogue on how 4IR technologies and human intervention can advance the twin transition. The themes include:
- Future of additive manufacturing and advanced materials
- Clean energy innovation
- Upskilling to realize the twin transition
- Policy making – Integrating green and digital agendas and innovation frameworks to support the twin transition
- Scaling 4IR and deep tech technologies to reach net zero targets (will include cybersecurity)
- Industry 5.0 – technology for good
- Infrastructure and smart cities
- The evolution of the data economy and regulatory landscape
- Supply chain management and digital supply chains
- Biotechnology and material science
- The Industrial sector’s transition to net zero
- Product design and lifecycle management
- The role of the consumer
For more information and to register, please visit https://gmisummit.com/summits/2022
The U.S. Department of Commerce will support GMIS in Pittsburgh and provide in-person export counseling, industry information, and information on export resources to help U.S. companies expand into international markets.
Please feel free to contact [email protected] or [email protected] with any questions regarding GMIS.